Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ahhhhh, the first of every month

The first of every month marks the begining and ending of a tenancy for most income property owners.  A fine juggling act can take place with tenants moving out versus tenants moving in.  How a Landlord handles this delicate task varies.   Typically, I have a 15 to 30 day gap between move in's and move out's.  This March 1, I find that I haven't allowed myself enough time to ready the the apartments I have available.  Ultimately, I  did finished painting out a just empty 1 bedroom unit in the wee hours of the night.  And while I can make the claim that "Yes, I can paint out an entire apartment in less than 24 hours"  it leaves me very weary.   So before I run off to "lease up" my newest tenant, please share how you manage move out's versus move in's with less than one day between.

No comments:

Post a Comment